The Bank Café Bar
- Telephone 0141 637 8461
- Opening times Sun–Thu 12pm–midnight; Fri/Sat 11am–midnight
- Bar open Mon–Thu 11am–11pm; Fri–Sat 11am–midnight; Sun 12.30–11pm.
- Food served Mon–Thu 11–8.45pm; Fri/Sat 11–9.45pm; Sun noon–8.45pm.
- Average price £11.50 (lunch); £11.50 (evening meal)
- Website www.thebankglasgow.co.uk
The Maclay Inns group, five of whose premises are featured in this section, tend to choose interesting buildings for their ventures that add a nice bit of character. In the case of The Bank it is, indeed, a former bank, now popular residential café/bar, with a little lingering touch of the grandiose about its high ceilings, marble and mahogany finish. Lots of windows make it particularly pleasant when the sun is shining, and there’s a cracking mezzanine with it’s own TV for when the football’s on. This place is best as a bar – homely, but classy, with a quiet buzz about it. Food is straight up the middle, with old favourites like nachos and fish and chips doing exactly what it says on the tin. And like all Maclay venues, there’s an ever-changing array of food offers which can represent great value, and free internet.
- High point: Décor and atmosphere
- Low point: Rather predictable food
- Private dining: Up to 30 covers
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Mainstream chart and classics
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 60
- Open since: 2005
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £11.95 per bottle