- Telephone 0131 225 5005
- Opening times Mon–Sun 11am–1am.
- Seasonal times Variable but 3am during the Edinburgh Festival and at Christmas.
- Bar open Mon–Sun 8am–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun 8am–10.30pm.
- Average price £10 (Sun-Fri); £25 (evening meal)
- Website www.tigerlilyedinburgh.co.uk
Glitzy mash-up of cocktail bar, nightclub and restaurant.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
With its name in red neon lights, Tigerlily is a mash-up of cocktail bar, nightclub and restaurant. There’s a DJ on Friday and Saturday nights, mirror tiles on the pillars, low-slung banquettes for groups, and tall tables for couples where even the highest heels will swing free. It’s bright, busy and doesn’t hide its light under a bushel – best dive headfirst into the menu, where among the starters are tasty Orkney scallops on a smear of parsnip purée. Mains include the likes of lobster, crab mac and cheese, assorted burgers and a slightly bland king prawn and monkfish curry. The ‘hot off the coals’ section covers surf and turf, spears (kebabs) and steaks of various magnitudes, right up to the mighty ‘Jurassic’ (500g). The cocktail-led drinks list, which runs to many pages, is titled: ‘Drink, drank, drunk’ – advice some follow to the letter – which makes for a lively atmosphere, especially at weekends.
- High point: High-energy bling factor
- Low point: You need to be in the mood
- Notable dish: Orkney scallops with parsnip purée
- Private dining: Up to 16 covers
- No. overnight rooms: 33
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Beyonce
- Live entertainment: DJ every Friday and Saturday
- Capacity: 140
- Largest group: 200
- Open since: 2006
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 22
- House wine: £20 (£12.75 Tue–Fri) per bottle
Reviews & features
Valentine's Day: Holidays from home3 Feb 2010
Enjoy some Valentine’s Day decadence without being too irresponsible: book yourself into a central city hotel and you’ll still make it into the office the next morning. We round up some of the V-Day packages on offer The upper-class love in Howard…
Glass half full - 42Below cocktail world cup10 Sep 2009
It was a battle of the ages. A dozen warriors armed with silver shakers, crushed ice and angostura bitters striving to become the finest cocktail creator in the world. The Glasgow and Edinburgh heats of the 42Below Vodka cocktail World Cup took place at…