- Telephone 0131 225 5005
- Opening times Mon–Sun 11am–1am.
- Seasonal times Variable but 3am during the Edinburgh Festival and at Christmas.
- Bar open Mon–Sun 11am–1am. (earlier openings for residents)
- Food served Mon–Sun 8am–10.30pm.
- Average price £15 (dine out offer, 2 courses for 2 people); £25 (evening meal)
- Website www.tigerlilyedinburgh.co.uk
Glitzy mash-up of cocktail bar, nightclub and restaurant.
Pink champagne, sparkles and a proudly bling interior make for quite the first impression in this George Street hotel, bar and restaurant. Once you navigate the eye-popping entrance, the space splits out into several cosier lounge areas complete with snug seats and intimate nooks to sip your cocktail and partake in the ever-popular sport of people-watching. The restaurant area has a calmer quality. Well-lit with comfortable booths, the stage is set for a cute afternoon tea with your girlfriends or one of their early-dining offers. Prawn salad bursts with heat and Thai flavours and squid is crisp and tender with a tart ponzu dressing. 'Three little pigs' sees pork done three contrasting ways, from a crispy croquette to succulent cheek to oil-rich belly, all well-balanced with a sharp cider sauce. Regular food and drink offers include a Wednesday Cocktail Club where staff will help you pair your menu choices with the perfect tipple. The venue shifts up a gear at weekends to feature DJ sets and lots more of those cocktails.
- High point: Confident bistro food with regular food and drink deals
- Low point: Bling has to be your thing
- Notable dish: Three little pigs
- Private dining: Up to 16 covers
- No. overnight rooms: 33
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Soul beats
- Live entertainment: DJ every Friday and Saturday
- Capacity: 140
- Largest group: 200
- Open since: 2006
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 19
- House wine: £21 (£12.75 Tue–Fri) per bottle
Events at this venue
Reviews & features
Valentine's Day: Holidays from home3 Feb 2010
Enjoy some Valentine’s Day decadence without being too irresponsible: book yourself into a central city hotel and you’ll still make it into the office the next morning. We round up some of the V-Day packages on offer The upper-class love in Howard…
Glass half full - 42Below cocktail world cup10 Sep 2009
It was a battle of the ages. A dozen warriors armed with silver shakers, crushed ice and angostura bitters striving to become the finest cocktail creator in the world. The Glasgow and Edinburgh heats of the 42Below Vodka cocktail World Cup took place at…