Neighbourhood Indian restaurant with good-value set menus, excellent breads and a separate party suite.
This Southside Indian restaurant serves up North Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi dishes on its fusion menu. Vegetarians can choose from the likes of carrot and broccoli bhaji or badami sabzi (mixed vegetables in a mild creamy coconut sauce with almonds) and vegans are well catered for too, but should ask the waiters for advice as it’s not marked on the menu. The fish and seafood selection is excellent – West Bengali-style lightly fried trout, a rich, not too heavy on the ghee salmon tikka or king prawn curry in parsi sauce for example, which arrive with fluffy naan or neat domes of rice. Tables are set with smart folded, white napkins and the room has a formal feel, although some of the details could maybe do with a refresh. Finish with a spiced Voujon tea or a few scoops of pineapple ice-cream.
- Delivery: Free for orders over £15 within two mile radius
- Private dining: Up to 20 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Instrumental music
- Capacity: 90
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2003
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £14.50 per bottle
URGENT: You must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.