- Telephone 0141 248 3533
- Food served Mon–Sat 7.30am–11pm; Sun 9am–11pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Fri 11.30am–6pm; Sat–Sun 11.30am–5pm
- Average price £8.95; £9.95 (set lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £9.95
- Website www.lavitapizzeria.co.uk
A busy city centre Italian restaurant, perfect for a quick bite in between shopping, or a pre or post-theatre meal.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Centrally located on the corner of George Square, right opposite Queen Street station, La Vita is an ideal spot for lunch in between shopping, or grabbing a quick dinner before catching a train. Spanning 3 floors, but with tables only round the outside of the upper walls, the mezzanine levels are great for watching the bustle below, and are cosy without being cramped. The vast menu offers a huge variety of standard Italian dishes, with pizza and pasta taking centre stage, alongside a variety of burgers, meat dishes and salads. From their ‘La Vita Specialities’ a starter of deep fried macaroni cheese balls coated in panko breadcrumbs is a serious guilty pleasure, while Burrata Caprese sees fresh cherry tomatoes and basil enveloped in a wonderfully gooey mozzarella and cream cheese. If you’ve room for dessert, ‘Leaning Tower of Pisa’ is a decadent mix of warm waffles with strawberries and vanilla ice cream smothered in a sweet, sticky caramel sauce, though a wide array of coffees, both alcoholic and non, are on offer too to round off your meal.
- High point: Quick and convenient
- Low point: Can be quite loud
- Notable dish: Mac and Cheese Balls
- Private dining: Up to 40 covers
- Provides: Halal options, Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: contemporary Italian
- Capacity: 130
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2005
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 13
- House wine: £16.45 per bottle