- Telephone 0141 221 1616
- Food served Mon–Thu & Sun 4.30pm–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–2.30pm, 4.30pm–midnight.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun 5–6.45pm
- Average price £6.95 (set lunch); £19 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £13.95
- Website www.indiaquay.com
Sitting on the corner of Lancefield Quay, India Quay is a reliable choice in a part of town that’s not particularly well-provided with restaurants. Its huge wraparound windows allow a panorama that takes in the Hydro, the Clyde Arc and the lights of the riverside, while the dining room itself is bright and contemporary in feel. The menu covers much of the usual North Indian fare, with a nicely varied vegetarian selection. Machi pakora are generous chunks of pearlescent cod in a crisp, air-light batter and served with a minty yogurt dressing. Saag paneer has well-flavoured sauce with chunks of spiced fried paneer, and exhibits a good balance of texture and taste. The chef’s specials are primarily chicken variants, mostly on the mild side, and lamb or prawn can be swapped in for a supplement. While the dishes are familiar, the execution and style keeps them interesting. Serving until midnight, it’s also a popular spot with concert-goers from the nearby SECC complex and, in a nice nod to continuity, the stereo will be playing whoever’s been gigging that night.
- Delivery: £1.50 local delivery, £2-£2.50 further away
- Private dining: Up to 80 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu
- Music on stereo: Artists playing at nearby SECC or Hydro e.g. Michael Buble
- Capacity: 165
- Largest group: 165
- Open since: 2005
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle