- Telephone 0141 553 1010
- Opening times Mon–Sun noon–midnight
- Bar open Mon–Sat noon–midnight; Sun 12.30pm–midnight
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–9.30pm; Sun 12.30–9.30pm
- Average price £24.50 (lunch); £24.50 (evening meal)
- Website www.arisaigrestaurant.co.uk
Contemporary Scottish bar and restaurant offering a wide choice of traditional dishes amid the bustle of the city’s historic Merchant Square.
Merchant Square has become a busy destination over the last few years. Its cobbled courtyard and sparkling canopy of fairy lights supplies the perfect excuse for an afternoon or evening's 'outdoor' dining free from the ravages of the Scottish weather. Weekends especially see the former market place bustling with couples, friends and peer groups basking in the Mediterranean-style café culture. Arisaig has been a regular here for nearly a decade. It proudly proclaims a mission to put Scotland's finest produce at the heart of its menu, boasting a wide choice of staples including scallops, langoustine, salmon, woodpigeon, haggis, venison and pheasant. Starters showcase the brand: Cullen skink is a deep creamy broth with a silky lustre and soft chunks of perky fish, while smoked duck is vibrant and juicy, glorying in its bright lemon dressing, roasted beets and a smattering of pea shoots. A main of rump of lamb is served rare with creamy bean cassoulet dotted with smoked pancetta and root vegetable crisps. A wide array of gins, vodkas, craft beers and a varied wine list complete the Arisaig experience.
- High point: Service and atmosphere
- Low point: ‘Pope’s Hat’ plates look nice but it’s hard to carve meat in them.
- Notable dish: Cullen skink
- Provides: Halal options, Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Indie pop
- Capacity: 84
- Largest group: 84
- Open since: 2009
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- House wine: £17 per bottle