The Cristal, Mar Hall
- Telephone 0141 812 9999
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–4pm. Bar open to non-residents for lunches from 12–2pm
- Food served Mon–Sun 7–10pm
- Website www.marhall.com
This review is taken from the 2013 edition.
Overlooked by the Kilpatrick Hills, the manorial gothic splendour of the exclusive Mar Hall hotel dominates its riverfront location by the Erskine Bridge. Built in the mid-1800s, and having spent most of the 20th century housing the Erskine hospital, it underwent a £15m transformation into a luxury hotel in 2004. The Cristal is the hotel's fine dining restaurant, located in a luxurious wood-panelled room, with oversized windows and artwork by leading colourist Archie Forrest. The contemporary elegance of the room is reflected in executive chef Eric Avenier's cooking style - modern French with a Scottish twist.
- Private dining: 20–160 (7 rooms available)
- No. overnight rooms: 53
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access
- Music on stereo: Easy listening/Jazz
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 10
- Open since: 2004
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £22.50 per bottle