- Telephone 0141 226 4309
- Opening times Mon–Wed & Sun 11am–10pm; Thu 11am–11pm; Fri 10am–midnight; Sat 9am–midnight.
- Bar open Mon–Fri until 10pm; Sat/Sun until 11pm
- Food served Mon–Thu & Sun 11am–10pm; Fri 11am–10pm; Sat 10am–10pm
- Average price £13.95 (set lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.darcysglasgow.co.uk
A haven within the bustling city centre, Darcy's offers well-prepared dishes, a cracking wine list and charismatic staff.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
As a bar which really goes out of it’s way to make drinkers and diners feel comfortable, the G1 Group’s Darcy’s ticks all the boxes for those who enjoy family dining or treating their significant other to a glass of wine from a well-chosen list and a sumptuous meal. Staff are attentive to the extreme, determined that you relax and let them do all the work. The beef bourguignon is rather special, and seasoned in keeping with French tradition. Its central location in Glasgow’s designer shopping centre makes Darcy’s a firm favourite for families and ladies who lunch but it also ably caters for those wishing a quick power lunch or a lively evening cocktail. Stop in for their popular Sunday roast or even book in for a new cocktail masterclass given by staff who really know what they’re doing.
- High point: Very attentive staff
- Low point: Open areas can get a bit chilly
- Notable dish: Beef bourguignon
- Private dining: 40/45
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Funky Motown
- Live entertainment: Acoustic singer on Friday nights.
- Capacity: Indoor 130, outdoor 82
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2004
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle