Cocktails and comfort food in the heart of the West End.
If you’re looking for fine dining you might not go to Sygn, but if it’s a good-time drink or laid-back meal you fancy, then head there with impunity. It has a studenty feel, with pop art decor and ‘Get Lashed’ cocktails on the menu, the function room at the back is often heaving with hens, and there’s a brunch club to take care of the morning after (well, afternoon actually, it runs from noon—5pm). DJs play most Friday and Saturday nights and if it's Halloween or Christmas there’s probably a party on. The food is American diner-style, with sharers like buttermilk fried chicken; waffles, wraps and dogs; and pizza and burgers – all copious, unhealthy and satisfying. There’s a decent range of beer on tap, a few wines and, of course, plenty of cocktails, with young, friendly staff serving it all up.
- Private dining: 50/24 seated
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Hip hop
- Live entertainment: DJs play Fri/Sat
- Capacity: 90
- Largest group: 120
- Open since: 2005
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- House wine: £20 per bottle