- Telephone 0131 225 6060
- Opening times Mon–Sun 10am–1am
- Seasonal times Festival: 3am.
- Bar open Sun–Wed noon–midnight; Thu–Sat noon–1am.
- Food served Sun–Wed noon–10pm; Thu–Sat noon–11pm (pizza till 1am).
- Average price £16 (lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Website www.sygn.co.uk
High-quality cocktails (and late-night pizzas) in the heart of the West End.
Sygn clearly ticks a lot of bar boxes: a good lunch deal for the office crowd; an interesting menu and compact but decent wine and beer list for relaxed midweek nights; DJs and an expertly crafted cocktail list aimed at a younger, pre-clubbing crowd at the weekend. Of course, when you try to be all things to all people there’s a risk of not doing anything well, but thanks to the obvious care and thought that’s been put in behind the bar and in the kitchen, Sygn remains solid. That said, it’s never going to be edgy or out-there. Is that an issue? Well, not for its loyal punters who happily tuck into naughty but nice mac 'n' cheese bombs (fried cheesy pasta is never a bad thing) and a decent, crumbly burger with a range of toppings, perhaps accompanied by one of the house special cocktails. A decent all-rounder.
- High point: It's a lovely sunny spot in summer
- Low point: Unimaginative salad leaves
- Notable dish: Pizza till 1am
- Private dining: Up to 24 covers
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Hip hop
- Live entertainment: DJs play Fri/Sat
- Capacity: 90
- Largest group: 100+
- Open since: 2005
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £18.50 per bottle