- Telephone 0141 331 1315
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–2.30pm, 5–11pm; Fri/Sat noon–11.30pm; Sun 1–11pm
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Thu 5–6.30pm
- Average price £10.95 (set lunch); £20 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £15.50 (3 courses)
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
It's a relief to step into Thai Lemongrass – escaping one of Glasgow's busiest junctions for the calming, zen-like vibe of this opulent restaurant, resplendent in reds, shimmering with golds. Grab a booth if you can to feel even more special, as smartly attired staff swish around delivering a wide selection of Thai dishes. Perhaps too wide – there's an à la carte also with banquet options, set lunch menus for the suits on weekdays, a pre-theatre menu for show-goers at nearby theatres and cinemas, as well as a special menu with high-rolling monkfish, snapper and steak. Once digested, the menu options offer up Thai classics – tom yum soups, red/green and jungle curries, stir-fries – as well as a smattering of wider Asian influences. Thai Lemongrass isn’t the cheapest or the coolest place for a Far Eastern meal, but they know how to make diners feel special, whatever the occasion.
- Private dining: Up to 20 covers
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2004
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 2
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle
- BYOB: £6 corkage