The Inn at Kippen
- Telephone 01786 870500
- Opening times Mon–Thu 11am–11pm; Fri/Sat 11am–1am; Sun 12.30–11pm
- Bar open Mon–Thu & Sun 12.30–11pm; Fri/Sat 12.30pm–1am.
- Food served Sun–Tue noon–8pm; Wed–Sat noon–9pm
- Average price £20 (lunch); £24 (evening meal)
- Website www.theinnatkippen.co.uk
A traditional village inn offering rooms, bar with local ales and all-day restaurant specialising in seasonal Scottish dishes.
Update: The Inn at Kippen was bought by Mark and Alice Silverwood (formally of the Harbour Café/Venachar Lochside) in January 2014. The below review refers to the previous owners, we've retained it for information.
A cosy dining room and convivial environment make the Inn at Kippen well worth a detour. While the food verges towards the finer end of the scale, owner Gordon Wright has made a conscious effort not to get too carried away, keeping the atmosphere, and the prices, relaxed. Instead of changing wholesale, the menu tends to ebb and flow, indicative of availability and desirability, with the odd regulars’ favourite (like a twice-baked parmesan soufflé) surviving long-term.
- Private dining: Up to 40 covers
- No. overnight rooms: 4
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Occasional live music,
- Capacity: 75
- Open since: 2003