Samphire Seafood Bar and Grill at Orocco Pier
- Telephone 0870 118 1664
- Opening times Mon–Sun 9am–1am
- Bar open Mon–Sun 7am–1am
- Food served Mon–Fri noon-10pm; Sat–Sun 8am-10pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Thu noon–7pm; Fri noon–5pm
- Average price £11.95 (set lunch); £23 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £11.95
- Website www.oroccopier.co.uk
Seafood restaurant and bar in South Queensferry, serving Scottish fish and meat, premium gin and great views of the bridges.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Based between the two original Forth Bridges at South Queensferry – and now with added views of the new Queensferry Crossing – Samphire sources all of its seafood from Scottish waters and suppliers, be it oysters, langoustines and mussels or king prawns and Arbroath smokies. But that’s just a small part of the offering at this bar-restaurant serving the 17-room Orocco Pier boutique hotel. Expect everything from Mediterranean-inspired sharing platters to chargrilled steaks and Scottish chicken and lamb. The bar stocks 15 different premium gins, some of which can be recommended as food pairings. Everything on their wine list is available by the glass.
- No. overnight rooms: 17
- Provides: Halal options, Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2003
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 25
- House wine: £19.95 per bottle