The Boat House
- Telephone 0131 331 5429
- Food served Restaurant: Mon–Fri 5.30–10pm; Sat noon–2.30pm, 5.30–10pm; Sun 12.30–3pm, 5.30–8pm. Bistro: Mon–Sat noon–9.30pm; Sun 12.30–9pm
- Average price £17.95 (set lunch); £30 (restaurant), £21 (bistro)
- Website www.theboathouse-sq.co.uk
Expect stunning views of the Forth Rail Bridge and fine seafood from this bistro in the heart of South Queensferry.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
The Boat House has great views, relaxed surroundings and a confident, creative pair of hands in the kitchen. Split into two main areas, the bistro and restaurant both hold their own individual charms. The buzzy bistro offers a fresh take on classic dishes in a comfortable setting, while the adjacent restaurant pulls out all the fishy stops with a daily changing menu boasting the likes of fresh oysters and mussels, scallops, halibut and tuna, complete with innovative butters, sauces and reductions. A waterfront patio overlooking the Forth Estuary allows diners to gaze in wonder at the glory of Scotland’s iconic Rail Bridge.
- Private dining: 16/24
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: A comedy night and occasional live music
- Capacity: 40–48
- Largest group: 44
- Open since: April 2003
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 23
- House wine: £18.50 per bottle