The Boat House
- Telephone 0131 331 5429
- Food served Restaurant: Mon–Fri 5.30–10pm; Sat noon–2.30pm, 5.30–10pm; Sun 12.30–3pm, 5.30–8pm. Bistro: Mon–Sat noon–9.30pm; Sun 12.30–9pm
- Average price £17.95 (set lunch); £30 (restaurant), £21 (bistro)
- Website www.theboathouse-sq.co.uk
Expect stunning views of the Forth Rail Bridge and fine seafood from this bistro in the heart of South Queensferry.
The Boat House has great views, relaxed surroundings and a confident, creative pair of hands in the kitchen. Split into two main areas, the bistro and restaurant both hold their own individual charms. The buzzy bistro offers a fresh take on classic dishes in a comfortable setting, while the adjacent restaurant pulls out all the fishy stops with a daily changing menu boasting the likes of fresh oysters and mussels, scallops, halibut and tuna, complete with innovative butters, sauces and reductions. A waterfront patio overlooking the Forth Estuary allows diners to gaze in wonder at the glory of Scotland’s iconic Rail Bridge.
- Private dining: 16/24
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: A comedy night and occasional live music
- Capacity: 40–48
- Largest group: 44
- Open since: April 2003
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 23
- House wine: £18.50 per bottle