Olive Branch Bistro
Bright and welcoming corner bistro serving classic, well-presented food.
Well-positioned to welcome theatre and cinemagoers as well as guests from nearby hotels, Olive Branch also has a loyal local following, attracted by familiar bistro favourites. Chef-owner Adam Young hits the mark with consistently good food at this corner site, where light streams in, illuminating exposed brick walls displaying an interesting range of images by a local photographer. A menu enhanced by daily specials features starters such as a well-executed iteration of goat’s cheese salad which exceeds expectations, its flavour enhanced by walnuts, beetroot and apple purée. The chef’s focus on crowd-pleasers is exemplified by braised beef cheeks with chorizo, garlic mash and ham hock potato cake, a perfect marriage of flavours that define comfort food at its best. Desserts include a banoffee cheesecake that is a creamy slab of deliciousness on a crunchy base. With friendly service and a wine list offering a good selection for less than £20, it’s little wonder that this place is regularly packed.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Post-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Easy listening
- Capacity: 38 (16 outdoors)
- Largest group: 38
- Open since: 2003
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 13
- House wine: £18 per bottle