The Grosvenor Café
- Box office 0845 166 6028
- General enquiries 0845 166 6028
- Opening times Mon–Thu noon–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–2am; Sun 12.30pm–midnight
- Bar open Mon–Sun 11am–midnight
- Food served Mon–Sat 11am–10pm; Sun 11am–10pm
- Average price (set lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.grosvenorcafe.co.uk
Spacious bar above the Grosvenor Cinema serving an Italian-inspired menu and plenty of drinks promos.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
In a cobbled lane of petite bars this sprawling converted picture theatre above the Grosvenor Cinema offers plenty of space for families, film lovers utilising the dinner and movie deals and big groups of drinkers looking to spread out. The Italian-inspired menu focuses on pizza and pasta but there’s also pub classics and the option to eat tapas-style with small plates. The chilli-scattered Buffalo wings pack a punch and are well paired with a cooling gorgonzola dip, while a crispy squid portion is more generous on the lemon mayo than the fish. Hand-stretched pizzas are topped with innovative combinations, including homemade pork and beef meatballs with truffled pecorino and crispy sage. The sizeable central bar serves plenty of drinks promos as well as efficiently prepared classic cocktails, such as a Flaming Zombie for the more ambitious.
- High point: Plenty of food deals
- Low point: Authentic Italian menu has some lesser known ingredients
- Notable dish: Pork and beef meatball pizza with mascarpone, truffled pecorino, crispy sage
- Private dining: 25 / 18/ 15
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Rock and pop.
- Live entertainment: DJs Fri & Sat.
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 120
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £9.95 per bottle
There are 5 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
- 100 min
- Directed by: Mark Andrews, Brenda Chapman
- Cast: Kelly Macdonald, Billy Connolly, Emma Thompson
- UK release: 3 August 2012
A rebellious Scottish princess defies her mother's marriage plans and unleashes a curse on her fairytale kingdom, then must complete a number of challenges in order to lift it. The kick-ass tomboyishness of Merida and luscious landscapes make up for a wavering story.
Breakfast with Santa's Reindeer
A chance to meet Santa's reindeers and enjoy breakfast and a screening of Christmas movie fave, Elf.
- 102 min
- Directed by: Chris Buck/Jennifer Lee
- Cast: Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Jonathan Groff
Sing 'Let It Go' at the top of your lungs without getting into fisticuffs. Dress as your favourite character and don't worry if you aren't word perfect – the lyrics appear on screen. Warm hugs all round.
Star Wars Pub Quiz
Take on the Star Wars pub quiz, with the chance of winning £50.
Wreath Making Masterclasses
A two course meal with cocktails followed by a workshop (all materials supplied) to make your own Christmas wreath.
Reviews & features
Neighbourhood Watch: Byres Road, Glasgow17 Oct 2011
A rough guide to the trendiest road in the West
What’s it like? One big road with many little offshoots to appeal to the culture vulture in you. Where’s it, like? Off Great Western road if you hang a left at the Botanic Gardens, and just up from Partick. Take the tube to Hillhead station (soon…