- Telephone 0844 357 7777
- Opening times Mon–Sun 8am–10pm
- Bar open Mon–Sat 10am–10pm; Sun 1230pm–10pm
- Food served Mon–Sun 8am–10pm
- Average price £11 (lunch); £13.50 (evening meal)
- Website www.tribecagroup.co.uk
The original Tribeca unit at Partick is renowned for NYC-inspired brunch and dinner dishes that are big on flavour and bigger on portion size.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
When it comes to sourcing the best value-for-money breakfast in town, it is hard to look past the three Tribeca outlets dotted across the city. The original restaurant at Partick is the best known of the three for providing ample, American-style breakfast portions to the hordes of customers who often have to wait to be seated. Portions are large, as expected, yet this does not distract from the quality. The signature stack of buttermilk pancakes is thick, fluffy and doused in maple syrup. For those who prefer to start their day without a sugar overload, a variety of five-egg omelettes ensure that making a lunch reservation later in the day won't be necessary. Pick of the other menu options is possibly The Williamsburg – thin slices of smoked salmon partnered with scrambled eggs and a scattering of leaves. While there is little subtlety in most of their dishes, Tribeca very successfully fulfils the role of the American diner, much to the delight of those who like to kick start their morning with all things US of A.
- High point: Hungry patrons won’t leave disappointed
- Low point: Less can sometimes be more
- Notable dish: The Brooklyn Breakfast
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: pop/rock
- Capacity: 35
- Largest group: As many as can seat
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle
Reviews & features
The best breakfasts in Glasgow29 Mar 2012
The best all-rounders in the west, plus a few specific breakfast-item highlights
Café Gandolfi 64 Albion Street, 552 6813, cafegondolfi.com Breakfast served: Mon-Sat 8am-noon; Sun 9am-noon. The long-standing, Scottish cuisine-focused eatery has beefed up its breakfasts in recent years, resulting in a menu with eight different egg…