- Telephone 0141 621 2288
- Opening times Mon–Fri noon–2.30pm & 5pm–late; Sat noon–1am; Sun 12.30pm–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–2.30pm, 5.30–10pm; Sat noon–10pm; Sun 12.30–9pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Thu 5.30–10pm; Fri 5–6.30pm; Sun 12.30–9pm.
- Average price £8.95 (set lunch); £17 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £8.95
- Website www.barmilano.co.uk
This review is taken from the 2011 edition.
From its pleasantly neutral décor and friendly service to the suburban location, Bar Milano ticks all the boxes for a comfortable neighbourhood trattoria. It’s housed in a converted bank but where such buildings often possess a cold grandeur, the multi-room layout on three slightly staggered levels creates a sense of cosy warmth that encourages lingering. While the kitchen and managerial staff has changed more often than the menus over recent years, the current regime hopes that a more seasonal approach coupled with weekday set-price deals will rehabilitate their reputation. The menu is solid, Glasgow-Italian in content, with pizzas, pastas and a specials board plus hearty meat-based mains for those who prefer their carbs in the shape of a potato. Presentation is attentive to detail and a generous dish of marinated olives is shiny with aromatic basil oil that lifts it above the ordinary. Garlic bread is overdone on the crusts but rigatoni all’amatriciana is cooked perfectly al dente, strewn with plenty of salty pancetta and just a bite of chilli.
- High point: Comfort food while sitting comfortably
- Low point: Limp, fussy salad
Bar Milano is an Italian restaurant enviably located in the leafy suburbs of Giffnock which is recently under New Ownership. It is housed within a stunning period building, previously a bank. Serving traditional Italian/Mediterranean cuisine to the highest standards as well as recently launched new menus.
With a comprehensive Lunch, Pre-Theatre, Sunday, Light Bites, A La Carte, Children’s menu and wine list available. As well as our daily specials including veal/beef T-bone, whole lemon sole and various other specials (lobster and oyster specials on request) customers are well catered for in this 100 cover restaurant.
We are happy to cater for special occasions such as wedding, birthdays and christenings as well as funerals. We also provide special menus for any occasion and have a private dining room that caters for eight guests for meetings and meals.
As well as the above Bar Milano also has monthly live entertainment giving our customers a night to remember. This can also be booked on request.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: Up to 6 covers
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Mellow acoustic
- Capacity: 95
- Largest group: 110
- Open since: 2004
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle