- Telephone 0141 552 6813
- Opening times Mon–Sat 11am–midnight; Sun noon–midnight.
- Bar open Mon 5pm–midnight; Tue–Sat noon–midnight; Sun noon–midnight
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10.30pm
- Average price £21 (lunch); £21 (evening meal)
- Website www.cafegandolfi.com
Loft bar offering the best of Scottish fare in beautiful surroundings where the ocean somehow meets the kitchen.
Situated in the impressive loft space above its established Merchant City sister café, Bar Gandolfi exudes a confidence and assurance of quality much required in a city not best known for blowing its own trumpet. The wine selection is formidable while the lion's share of the menu is a robust and heartfelt love letter to the best of Scottish cuisine. A starter of Arbroath smokies baked in tomatoes, cream and Parmesan with sourdough toast simply must be tried while the 'scallops of the day' will in equal measure seduce the traveler and remind the local of the wonders on their doorstep. Prodigal son and head chef, Andrew Manson, returned last year from the illustrious kitchens of Gordon Ramsey, Jason Atherton and Tom Kitchin and, by Jove, does it show in spades.
- High point: Friendly, cosy atmosphere
- Low point: On quiet nights you can occasionally get forgotten about
- Notable dish: Scallops of the day
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Soft rock and jazz.
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 60
- Open since: 2002
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 27
- House wine: £18.50 per bottle