The Wee Curry Shop
- Telephone 0141 357 5280
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–2.30pm, 5–10.30pm; Fri/Sat noon–11pm; Sun 1–10.30pm. Closed
- Pre-theatre times Available until 6.30pm, including over lunchtime
- Average price £6.90 (set lunch); £22 (evening meal)
- Website www.weecurryshopglasgow.co.uk
A wee cracker spicing up Glasgow's bustling West End, the Wee Curry Shop will bring a big smile to your face.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
There’s a lot of ‘wee’ things on Glasgow’s cobbled Ashton Lane – the wee pub that can house just 16 people, the wee cinema, a wee café. One little cracker is the Wee Curry Shop. This West End favourite continues to offer a familiar and unique range of Indian cuisine. From the very freshly prepared starters to the house speciality main courses, there is a dish to satisfy as well as intrigue any curry fan, beginning with starters such as the light, yet punchy haggis pakora, or delicious spiced haddock. A thali selection offers great value for money with two dishes from an eclectic range coming with rice and chapati for £6.25. From the main menu, slow-cooked Ashton Lane beef is a beautiful, delicate dish that will have you planning a return visit before you’ve even finished. Friendly, charming, attentive staff offer great chat as well as great service, ensuring you’ll leave here with a full belly and a smile on your face. and with food as good as the setting is picturesque, the Wee Curry Shop is a great example of top-quality Indian cuisine coupled with Scottish charm.
- High point: Great atmosphere
- Low point: Not a huge menu choice
- Notable dish: Ashton Lane beef
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Gluten-free options, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 29
- Largest group: 29
- Open since: 2011
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 2
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle
- BYOB: No charge Sun–Thu. Fri/Sat £3.50 for wine, £2.50 for beer corkage (They are licensed too)