The Wee Curry Shop
Uniquely intimate dining experience, with welcoming staff and skilfully cooked Indian dishes.
Amid the cobbles of the famously quaint Aston Lane, the Wee Curry shop sits confidently in a modestly fronted first floor building. The interior gives the feel of a family home, with photographs sitting proudly on every wall. In truth it is wee, but as an empty room fills with hungry punters the atmosphere swells to something that is anything but. Though no music can be heard on a stereo, the restaurant makes its mark with homely cookery and just as homely staff. The menu displays its strongest points for those hungry for meat or fish, including intriguing options such as methi keema peas, haddock and king prawn, while only a small selection of dishes are available for vegetarians. Go-to classics such as the butter chicken curry and saag aloo impress with their self-assured execution and fresh-tasting ingredients. The bill for an average meal of mains, sides and desserts for two racks up fairly quickly, but, with an experience like this, it is worth every penny.
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Traditional Indian music
- Capacity: 29
- Largest group: 29
- Open since: 2000
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle
- BYOB: £3.50 wine / £6.50 fizz / £1.50 beer corkage