The Wee Curry Shop
- Telephone 0141 357 5280
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–2.30pm, 5–10.30pm; Fri/Sat noon–11pm; Sun 1–10.30pm.
- Pre-theatre times Available until 5.30pm, including lunchtime
- Average price £6.90 (set lunch); £19 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £6.90
- Website www.weecurryshopglasgow.co.uk
Masterful cooking and an unparalleled location, mean the homey Wee Curry Shop measures up to Glasgow’s culinary giants.
When staff greet guests from the first-floor entrance, it looks like you’re just a flight of stairs away from a warm welcome home – and that’s what a visit to the Wee Curry Shop is like. Walls densely covered by photos and memorabilia invite us to take a trip down memory lane from the security of a small eatery. The staff tend to the guests’ every need with keen attentiveness, and readily offer suggestions. The menu is not too lengthy, but boasts a prime selection of Indian dishes, with two creamy curries – the butter chicken and lamb malaidaar – rightfully topping the favourites list. From the starters, buried among the more common pakoras and pooris, the masala dosa could easily slip under the radar – but don’t let it. With the well-executed rice pancake, this curry house can easily measure up against any South Indian competition. Fantastic location, welcoming atmosphere and skilful cooking to boot make a visit to this compact curry house a well-rounded dining experience.
- High point: Unbeatable location
- Low point: Entrance is a tight squeeze
- Notable dish: Lamb malaidaar
- Provides: Halal options, Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Indian music
- Capacity: 29
- Largest group: 35
- Open since: 2011
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 2
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle
- BYOB: No charge Sun–Thu. Fri/Sat £3.50 for wine, £2.50 for beer corkage