Chillies West End
- Telephone 0141 331 0494
- Bar open takeaway open Mon–Thu noon–11pm; Fri–Sun noon–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Thu 5pm–11pm; Fri/Sat noon–11pm; Sun 2pm–11pm
- Typical order Curry and naan bread (£8.20)
- Website www.chillieswestend.com
Contemporary and intimate, and sporting huge airy windows across the front, Chillies West End’s relaxed atmosphere is matched by a mix and match tapas-style menu of skilfully prepared and really quite spicy dishes, perfect for lazy and enjoyable grazing. As it arrives at the table each dish is striking for its freshness, from the bindhi gosht with its little of heap of tender lamb and fat, crunchy okra, to the dakhini fish curry – pale, delicate haddock in a wonderfully smoky sauce. The garlic chilli chicken is rich, deep red and almost savagely spicy, while the saag paneer is a gorgeous mix of fresh green spinach and soft, white homemade cheese. Restraint is advised though, when choosing two or three starters and three to four mains per couple, adding rice and naan can make finishing the meal a daunting prospect. There’s a generous no-corkage bring your own bottle policy that takes the heat off, but if you forget your booze a range of smoothies and fruit lassi, including a fantastic fiery pineapple and ginger concoction, are cooling on the palate and complement the fresh flavours of the food.
Chillies is now BYOB, limited to beer and wine only. Customers are invited to suggest any pairings with our dishes.
We also now deliver orders within a three mile radius of our Woodlands Road premises –- if you are unsure if you are within the boundaries, give us a call or email us at email@example.com to find out.
Text supplied by third party.
- Delivery: Fri/Sat only within 3 miles, from £1.50
- Private dining: Up to 20 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: ambient electronica
- Capacity: 60 (plus 12 outside)
- Largest group: 60
- Open since: 2008
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 0
- BYOB: No charge corkage