Crêpe à Croissant
- Telephone 07720 330 471
- Food served Mon–Thu 10am-10pm; Fri 10am-4am; Sat noon-4am. Closed Sun.
- Average price £7 (lunch); £7 (evening meal)
- Typical order perfect pesto (£4.25); banana chocolate dream (£3.85)
- Website www.crepe.org.uk
If you want to talk about longevity on the Glasgow dining scene then look no further than Crêpe à Croissant. Since 1993 the static van just off Woodlands Road has endured all the weather that Glasgow can throw at it – and there's been some mighty storms in the last two decades around here. But the van abides, dishing out soups, salads, sandwiches, wraps, and of course croissants, but it’s the crêpes – made fresh on specially imported pans and by well-trained staff – which top the bill. Whether you’re after a meaty, veggie or sweet versions, there’s plenty of choice, and as long as the weather’s not crazy bad, the van is flipping late enough to catch the returning clubbers on weekends.
- High point: Open until 4am weekends
- Low point: Might not open if very stormy or snowy
- Notable dish: The croissants - no, the crêpes
- Provides: Gluten-free options