- Telephone 01620 843214
- Seasonal times Closed Mon/Tue. Oct–May: closed Sun eve
- Food served Wed–Sun 12.30–1.30pm; 7–8.30pm. Closed Mon/Tue.
- Average price £20 (set lunch); £38/£43 (set evening meal)
- Website www.lapotiniere.co.uk
Refined little restaurant noted for classic cooking and top-notch bread and desserts.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
It’s tempting to describe this long-established little restaurant on Gullane’s High Street in terms of what it doesn’t do. There is nothing effusive or showy here; the décor doesn’t owe anything to Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen; and the service doesn’t come with ostentatious flourishes. What they do do, is get things right. The place is small, but it’s refined and comfortable. Lunch and dinner menus are concise and fixed price, constantly tweaked to showcase what’s coming in from their vegetable garden or trusted suppliers. Cooking is a blend of perfectly executed classic dishes, plus celebrated breads and patisserie, with a short but comprehensive wine list. Classic, confident and grounded.
- Provides: Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access
- Capacity: 30
- Largest group: 30 (function)
- Open since: 2002
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £16.75 per bottle