- Telephone 0131 347 8880
- Food served Mon 5–10.30pm; Tue–Thu noon–2pm, 5–10.30pm; Fri noon–2pm, 5–11pm; Sat noon–11pm. Closed Sun.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Thu 5–7pm; Fri 5–6.30pm; Sat 4.30–6.30pm
- Average price £7.95 (set lunch); £22 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £15.95 (three-course + wine)
- Website www.lapartenope.co.uk
Named after a mythological maiden who died of heartache on the Bay of Naples, La Partenope offers a taste of Napoli on Dalry Road. This family restaurant is operated by a sibling trio: chef Paolo creates magnificent dishes, brother Renato is the welcoming manager and sister Sandra makes desserts. Such closeness is apparent in this cheerful restaurant, modelled on a coastal bay, where wooden fish hang from the ceiling and a ship’s wheel is mounted on the wall. Seafood is the speciality, delivered fresh each day: try the juicy, flavoursome platter of lightly grilled langoustines, scallops, swordfish, tuna and tiger prawns. Starters include a fondue-like provola dei poveri, where the cheese is melted in a garlic and oregano tomato sauce and comes with fresh bread on the side. A ricotta and pear tart has a rich filling and tender crust. For those on a budget, La Partenope offers an outstanding daily lunch menu of three courses for £7.95.
- Private dining: Up to 35 covers
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu
- Music on stereo: Italian
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2001
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £13.50 per bottle