La P'tite Folie
- Telephone 0131 225 8678
- Opening times Mon–Thu noon–11pm, Fri/Sat noon–midnight
- Bar open Mon–Thu noon–11pm; Fri/Sat noon–1am. Closed Sun.
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–3pm, 6–10pm; Fri/Sat noon–3pm, 6–11pm. Closed Sun.
- Website www.laptitefolie.co.uk
While maintaining French style and tradition, La P’tite Folie injects imagination into its menus, offering classics alongside new interpretations.
A gossipy lunch with friends, informal catch-up with family or something a bit more romantic – they’re all dining-out scenarios to which La P’tite Folie, a stalwart of Edinburgh’s French bistro scene, flexibly lends itself. Traditional in look and service, the menu is simultaneously contemporary in its interpretation of the classics. In fish dishes, for instance, flaky hake is imaginatively teamed with gazpacho salsa. It’s a tough call, though, to choose between this or a more typically Gallic heap of Shetland mussels, steamed with shallots, garlic, white wine and cream. Going à la carte for time-honoured steak frîtes, the reward is succulent melt-in-the-mouth sirloin. It's great value for money, with enough options on the menu to make selection challenging but not impossible. La P’tite Folie also offers a very good wine list, with an emphasis, naturally, on the wines of France.
- Private dining: Up to 75 covers
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: None in restaurant, though jazz, singer/songwriter, guitar often to be found in sister wine-bar next door
- Capacity: 95
- Largest group: 95
- Open since: 2003
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £17.95 per bottle