- Telephone 0131 556 2041
- Food served Sun–Thu 11.30am–2.30pm, 4.30pm–2am; Fri/Sat 11.30am–2.30pm, 4.30pm–3am
- Typical order Fish supper (£4.80)
- Website www.rapidocaffe.co.uk
This review is taken from the 2011 edition.
The usual chip shop favourites are neatly arrayed in sparkling stainless steel counters, but Rapido's vibrant blue and orange frontage promises – and delivers – more than your average chippy. The wide-ranging menu truly does offer something for everyone, with a significant number of vegetarian options (and vegetable oil is used for all deep-frying). Fish suppers are a given, but healthier choices include baked potatoes, salads and a variety of wraps. Pastas and pizzas are also available, with the light, crispy bases home-made on the premises. The more adventurous will be tempted by specialist gourmet pizzas with toppings such as mussels, prawns and Tabasco. If you've still got room, try the well-stocked dessert counter's wickedly gooey caramel apple pie and chocolate fudge cake.
- Delivery: £2 through Just-Eat; £1.50 when calling direct
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses)