- Telephone 0131 229 2225
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–2.30pm, 5–11pm; Fri/Sat noon–11.30pm; Sun 1–11pm.
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Thu 5–6.30pm
- Average price £9.95 (set lunch); £25 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £15.50
- Website www.thailemongrass.net/edinburgh/
Traditional and cosy Thai in Bruntsfield, with a focus on seafood.
This traditional Thai restaurant in Bruntsfield features a warm and cosy interior, simply but stylishly decorated with wooden tables, red place mats and the obligatory big gold Buddha. The extensive menu has a seafood focus with a good selection of meat and a sprinkling of vegetarian options. A Thai sampler starter comes with three separate tangy sauces that bring out the flavour of the likes of satay, spring rolls and prawn cakes. A spicy green curry comes with your choice of chicken, prawns, pork or beef, while jumbo king prawns are steamed very lightly in white wine and served unaccompanied. Desserts include mango ice-cream or a chilled banana in a sweet coconut milk and palm sugar sauce. A safe, pleasant choice for neighbourhood Thai dining. [not recently visited]
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables
- Capacity: 54
- Largest group: 54
- Open since: 2002
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle