Candy Kitchen & Bar
- Telephone 0131 225 9179
- Opening times Mon–Sun noon–1am
- Seasonal times noon–3am
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–1am
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–9pm.
- Average price £8.50 (lunch); £8.50 (evening meal)
- Website www.candybaredinburgh.co.uk
Sweet shop themed cocktail bar, popular with students for its budget food menu and lively atmosphere.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Thanks to a prime George Street location and an ‘all food for £5’ menu, Candy Bar is a popular location for students and young professionals. During the day expect a calm break from the shops, but come evening the bar transforms and bustles with young boozers. The American-inspired finger food comes in the form of fried sharing bites, nachos, burgers, mac 'n' cheese fritters and club sandwiches, with the likes of waffles and warm chocolate brownies to round off the meal. However, this is by no means the main event. Behold, the 65 long cocktail and shooter menu, which, accompanied by a resident techno DJ set (every Wednesday – Sunday), kicks off the partying spirit. The candy theme runs throughout with decorative sweet jars and quirky alcoholic treats garnished with Sherbet Dip Dabs. Not least, the chatty bar staff keep you sweet during the long wait for drinks.
- High point: Pick and mix of tempting cocktails
- Low point: Limited options for vegetarians and health-conscious diners
- Delivery: Delivery available through Deliveroo. Charge depending on location.
- Provides: Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Techno, house, pop
- Live entertainment: DJs every Wed–Sun
- Capacity: 100
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 2001
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £18 / Promo wine £10.50 per bottle