Brutti Ma Buoni
- Telephone 0141 552 0001
- Opening times Mon–Sat noon–midnight; Sun 12.30pm–midnight
- Bar open Mon–Sun 8am–midnight
- Food served Mon–Sun 10am–10pm
- Average price £5 (set lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.brunswickhotel.co.uk
Part of the Brunswick Hotel, Brutti Ma Buoni is a continental-feeling bar with a chilled-out, cool vibe.
With its Mediterranean stylings, outdoor seating and stylish staff, Brutti Ma Buoni gushes with charm and swagger – and when the Merchant City is at its quietest, this place still has a neon buzz. Spanish wines, cava, gin and tonics – it’s a laid-back drinking sort of place, and food probably plays out best when it slots into that vibe: small plates, medium-sized pizzas, sandwiches, burgers, spaghetti dishes – merrily combining the flavours of Southern Europe (olives, garlic, chilli, tomato-based sauces) with all manner of favourites like prosciutto ham and salami pizza, or chorizo, kept simple and grilled in its own oil. Nothing surprises (and the small plates perhaps overuse the deep fat fryer) but with much to choose from and a great overall demeanour, 'the Brunswick’ – as it is often called – truly serves its purpose well.
- Private dining: Up to 16 covers
- No. overnight rooms: 19
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Ambient dance and electronica
- Live entertainment: Weekly live DJs and club nights (on an ad hoc basis), comedy nights, open mic nights
- Capacity: 52 (6 outdoors)
- Largest group: 22
- Open since: 2002
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £18.95 per bottle
Reviews & features
Area guide to the Glasgow Film Festival17 Feb 2011
Kirstin Innes helps you bring the movies to life with our GFF-themed area guide
If you're interested in the Beyond Bollywood, Superheroes in Glasgow, Ceol's Craic or Fashion in Film strands, this is the Glasgow guide for you.