Avoca Bar & Grill
This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0131 315 3311
- Opening times Sun–Thu 11am–midnight; Fri/Sat 11am–1am
- Bar open Mon–Thu 11am–midnight; Fri/Sat 11am–1am; Sun noon–midnight
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–2.30pm, 6–8.30pm; Fri–Sun noon–7.15pm
- Average price £14 (lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Website theorchardbar.co.uk/avoca/
Set into a relatively snug pair of rooms on a side street off Stockbridge’s main drag, this modern but lived-in bar feels like a bit of a nook, a welcome discovery when you find it. It’s a proper local for the diverse clientele of Stockbridge and particularly those with an interest in Six Nations rugby or big football tournaments, which are shown religiously on the big screen, while the food is a step up from regular pub ballast. Starters of tempura prawns or black pudding and smoked bacon salad, and mains including smoked haddock fillet on mash or a home-made pie of the day are made with efficiency, although the food isn’t quite as central to Avoca’s style as its sister venue the Orchard.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Reggae and easy listening
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: 12
- Open since: 2002
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £12.95 per bottle