- Telephone 0141 339 1111
- Opening times Mon–Thu noon–midnight; Fri/Sat 12.30pm–1am
- Food served Mon–Fri 11.30am–10pm; Sat noon–10.30pm; Sun 12.30–10.30pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Fri noon–6.30pm; Sat noon–4pm ; Sun noon–10pm
- Pre-theatre price £14.95
- Website www.cafeandaluz.com
An experienced West End venue with lots of character, atmosphere and many creative dishes.
This cosy space manages to make an expansive basement feel like al fresco summer dining. Moroccan lanterns throw patterned light in soft embraces around the warm brown hues of rustic wooden tables. Ceramic plates and pots pepper the walls, filling insets and wrapping the dining areas in a protective ambience. A variety of set menus run every night of the week appealing to both the palate and the pocket. Morcilla and chorizo combined is not for the faint of heart but blending juicy paprika-flavoured pork with the darker, deeper flavours of blood sausage is a winner. The lamb shoulder tagine is another delicious option, with rich gravy skilfully infused with tangy fruit and North African spices. Desserts are sufficiently generous to make a meal of and the caramel cheesecake’s patterned layers are worth saving space for. Restaurants come and go but like that familiar hotel you always go to, with the friendly face at the door, Café Andaluz is that old favourite at the end of the street.
- Private dining: Up to 40 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Gluten-free options, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Spanish pop
- Capacity: 130
- Largest group: 130
- Open since: 2003
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £18.95 per bottle