- Telephone 0131 623 0077
- Opening times Mon–Sun noon–late
- Seasonal times Mon–Sat noon–11pm; Sun 2–10pm (July to mid Sep).
- Food served Mon–Thu 5–10pm; Fri/Sat noon–10pm; Sun 2–10pm.
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Thurs 5–7pm
- Pre-theatre price £12.95, three courses for £15.95
- Website www.mariachi-restaurant.co.uk
Fun and friendly city-centre restaurant, serving satisfying Tex-Mex style cuisine.
The picturesque and colourful Victoria Street is home to the equally vibrant Mariachi. Sitting just up the hill from Edinburgh’s Grassmarket, it offers the perfect place to get the party started with space for 100 diners, a private party room for hire and an outdoor patio ideal for sipping Margaritas and other cocktails. The menu is a selection of the expected Tex-Mex favourites – nachos, burritos, tacos, fajitas and enchiladas – with a selection of fillings including chicken, shredded pork or beef. There’s also a large grill section with steaks and burgers, all served with a Mexican twist. Portions are very generous but look to the starters and salads for some lighter options including corn on the cob coated in chipotle mayo or the citrusy fresh king prawn salad with just a hint of chilli. Mariachi extends a warm welcome to everyone, making it a city centre hub for celebrations.
- Delivery: Through Deliveroo
- Private dining: Up to 25 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Staff picks
- Live entertainment: Sometimes bands during the festival, but not regularly
- Capacity: 100
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 2001
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £18 per bottle