- Telephone 0131 623 0077
- Opening times Mon–Sun noon–late
- Seasonal times Mon–Sat noon–11pm; Sun 2–10pm (July to mid Sep).
- Food served Mon–Thu 5–10pm; Fri/Sat noon–10pm; Sun 2–10pm.
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Thurs 5–7pm
- Pre-theatre price £12.95, three courses for £15.95
- Website www.mariachi-restaurant.co.uk
Fun and friendly city-centre restaurant, serving satisfying Tex-Mex style cuisine.
Slap-bang in the heart of the Old Town, Mariachi has been a firm favourite on the capital’s Mexican scene for over a decade. Serving up standard Mexican dishes alongside Tex-Mex tinged burgers and steaks, a meal here will definitely set you up for a night sampling the wares of the many nearby bars. A starter of camarones features juicy king prawns with punchy flavours of garlic and lime, while stuffed jalapeños have a spicy kick, deliciously offset by their cream cheese filling. Steak, chicken, chorizo, king prawn and mixed veg are available in multiple combinations as fajita fillings and arrive on a sizzling platter with tortillas, cheese, sour cream and guacamole. Not for the faint-hearted, hefty burritos come packed with fillings and topped with spicy homemade salsa. A massive selection of tequilas and mezcals can either be ordered straight up or in one of their many Margherita combos. Alternatively, there’s a good selection of lesser-known Mexican beers if you prefer something less potent to wash down your meal.
- Delivery: Through Deliveroo
- Private dining: Up to 25 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Staff picks
- Live entertainment: Sometimes bands during the festival, but not regularly
- Capacity: 100
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 2001
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £18 per bottle