- Telephone 0131 623 0077
- Opening times Mon–Sun noon–late
- Seasonal times Mon–Sat noon–10pm; Sun 2–10pm (July to Sep).
- Food served Mon–Thu 5–10pm; Fri/Sat noon–10pm; Sun 2–10pm.
- Pre-theatre times Sun 4–6.30pm; Mon–Thurs 5–6.30pm
- Pre-theatre price £14.95, three courses for £17.50
- Website www.mariachi-restaurant.co.uk
Family run fun Tex-Mex in the Old Town serving all the classic dishes – watch out for the pop-up bar in summer.
Family-owned and run long before Mexican street food was a thing, Mariachi’s has fun, friendly, no-frills traditional Tex-Mex down to a tee. Cacti, smiling skulls, lucha libre masks, comic Dia de Muertos art: it’s all there, and when you’re out for a feast and a few El Diablos, that’s what you want from a Mexican restaurant. You’ll quite possibly also want lashings of melted cheese on your nachos – and in your quesadillas – and you’ll get it. If you’re not full up already, for your main course go large on favourites like king prawn fajitas, chicken chimichanga, and pulled pork enchiladas baked in a rich tomato sauce. There’s steak or chicken from the grill, or burgers including the impressive el mariachi, complete with all the Tex-Mex trimmings and fries. If dessert means more than another Margarita, try the churros or the quite-possibly-highly calorific, but most-definitely-memorable, deep-fried ice-cream. And then another Margarita.
- Delivery: Through Deliver, Uber Eats.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Mariachi music
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 2001
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £18 per bottle