The Edwardian Kitchen
- Telephone 0141 616 6410
- Seasonal times christmas day and boxing day, new years eve and new years day
- Food served Mon–Fri 10am–noon, 3–4.30pm (cakes and pastries), noon–3pm (lunch); Sat/Sun 10am–11.45am (breakfast), noon–4pm (lunch)
- Website www.nts.org.uk/visit/…
Deep in Pollok Park, the Edwardian Café offers inside and outside eating and drinking experiences to tempt the whole family.
Shades of Downton Abbey inhabit the wonderful Edwardian Kitchen with its twinkling brass pans and elegant ceiling. The menu on offer is, however, very much of the 21st century and the garden space is a true family refuge after a walk round the country park or a couple of hours in the adventure playground. This space also has outdoor heaters for cooler days. What about a toasted marshmallow hot chocolate for the kids and a glass of mulled wine for the grown ups? A keen awareness of current food trends can be detected in the offerings, such as a main course of fiery vegan macaroni cheese, which – accompanied by a plate of sweet potato wedges a glass of Scottish raspberry lemonade and an outsize scone or slice of house-baked pistachio and cardamom chai cake cannot fail to satisfy the most demanding palate. Children are well catered for with excellent picnic bags and anyone wanting to relax in the garden with a glass of wine and a gourmet sandwich will be pleasantly surprised by the very reasonable price tag.
- Private dining: Up to 70 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: nothing
- Live entertainment: Southside Fringe venue, theatre shows and music events happen at the House and within grounds, Murder Mystery Evening Valentine's dinner,Pollok Art Society also put on events
- Capacity: 60 (40 outdoors)
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: 2006
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 4
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle
URGENT: You must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.