This restaurant has ceased trading.
Now in its fourteenth year of business, iKafe is situated on the edge of Pollokshields’s village triangle of shops and cafés. For lunch, there's a wide selection of sandwiches, jacket potatoes, salads and pasta. Evenings offer better value for money, with fairly priced mains and a wide choice of 'little plates': the chicken liver pâté comes with a tangy mango chutney, and the seafood salad of salmon, prawns and anchovies is topped with capers. The lime and spinach chicken is rich and spicy, though it’s served with potatoes when noodles or rice seems more appropriate. The all-white décor and bright lights are great for sunny days, but can feel a little cold for evening meals, where a sense of intimacy would be more welcome. With iKafe's generous portions and set-price deals, neither your stomach or your wallet will leave empty.
- Provides: Halal options, Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Easy listening
- Capacity: 40 (8 outdoors)
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: 2000
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £12.95 per bottle