- Telephone 01368 863279
- Food served Wed 6.30–9pm; Thu–Sat noon–2.30pm, 6.30–9pm; Sun noon–2.30pm. Closed Mon/Tue.
- Average price £16.95 (set lunch); £24.95 (set evening meal)
- Website www.creelrestaurant.co.uk
Clever, thoughtful cooking from this tiny restaurant near Dunbar harbour.
With an unbroken run of hits in the East Lothian Food and Drink awards plus a quietly stated but resolute commitment to fresh local food from sea and land, this tiny restaurant near the harbour in Dunbar is a force to be reckoned with. Chef/owner Logan Thorburn’s well-balanced menu is built on ‘modern rustic’ dishes that are creative but unfussy. A quick glance reveals the likes of North Berwick field mushrooms or crisp belly pork pepped up with white truffle oil, Eyemouth lemon sole with salsa and creamy harissa dressing, prime Aberdeen Angus rib-eye with Dunsyre Blue cream sauce, or patatas bravas paired with sherry vinegar sour cream. Thorburn keeps his menus fixed price and reassuringly concise, but ask in advance for a special seafood feast and he will source especially for you.
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs
- Capacity: 36
- Largest group: 36
- Open since: 2006
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle