A taste of Venezuela and Mexico coming at you from a basement cantina in Stockbridge.
This Stockbridge cantina promises Venezuelan food interspersed with Mexican favourites. The basement space is brightened up with colourful, painted seascapes and lively Latin American music. The menu reflects this vibrancy through its use of colourful ingredients: black beans, guacamole, fried plantains and the gloriously pink prawns of the gambas pil pil. A selection of dishes can be prepared with your choice of chicken, beef or vegetables; dietary information is available, with helpful advice given by the restaurant team. Yuca fritta are a must as a starter or a side, as is the quintessential Venezuelan shredded beef dish of pabellon criollo. Mexican cuisine is represented through the usual suspects of nachos, fajitas and tacos and there are clear Spanish and Portuguese influences on show too. Desserts are rich and filling – perhaps the selection of cocktails may better satisfy a sweet tooth at the end of the meal.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Lively Latin music
- Capacity: 35 (6 outdoors)
- Largest group: 35
- Open since: 2001
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 2
- House wine: £15.90 per bottle