An affordable neighborhood cantina serving traditional Venezuelan and Mexican street food.
From the tiki-style thatched roof to the gambas pil pil and tres leches cake, a distinctly Creole influence shines through this cosy Stockbridge cantina. In an attempt to bring Latin America’s energy to this wee Auld Reekie basement there are colourful sea views painted on the walls, origami birds hanging from a tree in the corner and salsa music pumping out of the stereo. The kitchen stays busy cooking up Venezuelan and Mexican street food; crispy arepa (cornbread) filled with feta and red peppers, empanadas and cheesy nacho stacks. Venezuela’s national dish, pabellón criollo, is a comforting plate of tender shredded beef, sweet slices of fried plantain, rice and black beans. With reasonably priced Latin American grub, intensely moreish cocktails and speedy service, Sabor Criollo is a firm neighbourhood favourite.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Latin music
- Live entertainment: Live bands occasionally
- Capacity: 35 (6 outdoors)
- Largest group: 35
- Open since: 2001
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 2
- House wine: £16 per bottle