Contemporary Indian restaurant in the city centre with a focus on Bangladeshi cuisine.
Tucked across the road from the National Portrait Gallery, Zest offers a modern take on Indian cooking with a focus on Bangladeshi cuisine. Inside, it’s light and airy with a contemporary and colourful feel. There are some reliable starters including chicken kebabs, marinated with spices, and sabzi pakora with a light and crisp coating. However, it’s the mains where Zest really excels; the green herb chicken is served with heaps of coriander and flavour, while the mutar saag is hot but balanced, allowing the chilli and spinach to come through. The poppadums and hot lime pickle are good too, and even better with a slim glass of cold beer as you browse the menu. Ideal for popping in after work or to take the load off your feet after a hard day’s shopping, Zest is a reliable city centre option if you fancy something different to the chains or tourist traps.
- Delivery: Free; minimum order £14; local delivery
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Classical indian music
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2000 (2010 new owner)
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle