Loch Fyne Restaurant & Oyster Bar
- Telephone 01499 600264
- Seasonal times Autumn/Winter: Mon–Thu 9am–4pm; Fri–Sun 9am–5pm
- Food served Mon–Thu 9am–5.30pm; Fri–Sun 9am–7pm
- Average price £25 (lunch); £25 (evening meal)
- Website www.lochfyne.com
With beginnings in the 1970s as an oyster farm, this restaurant, deli shop, smokehouse and farm offers top quality Scottish seafood and more.
Just about the last word on oysters on the west coast of Scotland, this exponentially expanding restaurant, deli shop, smokehouse and oyster and mussel farm based in a former barn on Clachan Farm just off the A83 at the head of Loch Fyne is not only an essential pit-stop on any journey up that way but well worth a dedicated trip. Knowledge, flair and expertise are the hallmarks of head chef Jamie Nicolson and his culinary team, and they can personally vouch for all of their sources. Oysters, mussels and shellfish come straight from the loch while white fish are landed by specially chosen small boats in Cornwall.
- Provides: Children's portions, Wheelchair access
- Capacity: 100
- Largest group: 35
- Open since: 1985
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £18 per bottle