Loch Fyne Restaurant & Oyster Bar
- Telephone 01499 600264
- Seasonal times Autumn/Winter: Mon–Thu 9am–4pm; Fri–Sun 9am–5pm
- Food served Mon–Thu 9am–5.30pm; Fri–Sun 9am–7pm
- Average price £25 (lunch); £25 (evening meal)
- Website www.lochfyne.com
With beginnings in the 1970s as an oyster farm, this restaurant, deli shop, smokehouse and farm offers top quality Scottish seafood and more.
Knowledge, flair and expertise are the hallmarks of this truly remarkable operation whose passion for fresh sustainable seafood is written into every line of the business plan. Based in a former barn on Clachan Farm just off the A83 at the head of Loch Fyne, Oyster Bar can personally vouch for its sources since it seeds, feeds, catches, processes and cooks much of the diverse menu on offer. Oysters, mussels and shellfish come from the crystal waters of the loch while white fish are landed by specially chosen small boats in Cornwall. Enthusiasm for quality also extends to the kitchen and the restaurant is rewarded by being continually busy all year round.
- High point: Seriously good cooking and sourcing
- Low point: Parking area a bit shabby
- Provides: Children's portions, Wheelchair access
- Capacity: 100
- Largest group: 35
- Open since: 1985
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £18 per bottle
Events at this venue
Scotland's foremost folk/roots troubadour, renowned for his meaningful, haunting music.
Sat 21 Oct
£40 per person including oysters on arrival and a seafood buffet / 01499 600454