- Telephone 01324 840201
- Food served Mon noon–5pm; Tue–Sat noon–5pm, 6–9.30pm; Sun 12.30–9.30pm.
- Average price £19.99 (restaurant), £12.95 (grill); £35 (restaurant), £18 (grill)
- Website www.glenskirliehouse.com
A 15-bedroom family-run boutique hotel with two restaurants situated within easy striking distance of Stirling, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
This review is taken from the 2013 edition.
With 15 individually-designed bedrooms, this sophisticated hotel has built a sturdy reputation for quality over the years. The bar and grill offer well-priced bar meals while the restaurant, located adjacent to the castle, is capable of delivering some thrilling and inventive cooking, offering a set menu lunches, afternoon high teas and à la carte evening dining.
Glenskirlie House and Castle is perfectly situated in the heart of Scotland. It is near Stirling and only a twenty-minute drive from Glasgow and a forty-minute drive from Edinburgh.Glenskirlie Castle offers luxurious, stylish boutique accommodation. Each of the 15 bedrooms, from deluxe rooms to castle suites are individually designed. Glenskirlie Castle gives guests all the luxurious benefits of modern living with the traditional twist of castle living.Dining at Glenskirlie House- the Castle's sister's property- is an experience to be relished. The long established restaurant has earned an amazing reputation for fine dining and gained many accolades over the years. Glenskirlie House and Castle is the best choice for a relaxing break. Whether business or pleasure a warm welcome awaits.Monday-Friday mornings our Breakfast in the Castle is served Continental, Saturday-Sunday Scottish Breakfast is also available.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: Up to 150 covers
- No. overnight rooms: 15
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 60
- Open since: 1982
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £18.50 per bottle