Comfy wee neighbourhood deli cafe serving up fast, tasty, fresh food from the Mediterranean and beyond. .
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
This comfy wee place has been pulling them in for nearly two decades but still feels like it has something new and interesting to offer the lunchtime crowd with its take on fast, tasty fresh food. Mediterranean flavours with a twist of something more exotic are at the fore, with grilled veg, cured meats, halloumi, falafel and hummus all playing their part on the menu. Stick to a choice of wraps, rolls and nachos or build your own salad or platter from whatever looks good in the deli cabinet. There’s a delicious choice of baked goods from a small army of local suppliers – look out for the spinach and feta muffins, a great accompaniment to the soup of the day. The weekday lunchtime turnover is fast and it’s worth the wait for a seat. Weekends are a more leisurely affair so get here early to bag your place
- High point: Those savoury muffins
- Low point: Stools and high tables discourage lingering over lunch
- Notable dish: Pea and fennel soup with a spinach and feta muffin
- Delivery: Free delivery for orders over £20
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Laid back grooves
- Capacity: 18 (+6 outdoors)
- Open since: 1999