The Cambridge Bar
- Telephone 0131 226 2120
- Opening times Mon–Wed noon–11pm; Thu noon–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–1am; Sun noon–11pm
- Seasonal times Kitchen open till 10.30pm at New Year
- Bar open Sun–Wed noon–11pm; Thu–Sat noon–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10pm.
- Website www.thecambridgebar.co.uk
Loaded homemade burgers, craft beers, ales and live sports add up to a solid reputation for the Cambridge Bar.
Big burgers, pleasant pints and a warm welcome await at the Cambridge Bar. Despite being hidden away on a backstreet, it’s so popular that they’ve recently expanded upstairs to feed and water more hungry families, dog lovers and sports fans. The main bar offers comfy couches and a real fire, with simple and solid wood furnishing the various adjoining rooms. The menu is all about burgers, be it classic beef, buffalo, chicken or veggie, with a mind-boggling choice of toppings and tasty fresh sides. Desserts, for those that can manage one, come in the form of gooey homemade brownies and thick milkshakes. Beer, being the burger’s natural bedfellow, is also a main player, with the list of draught, guest and bottled lager, ale, stout and cider running to nearly 50 varieties. A great spot to sit back, relax and indulge.
- Private dining: Up to 30 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Motown
- Live entertainment: Quiz every Monday, Live sport
- Capacity: 110
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2003
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 16
- House wine: £18 per bottle
Reviews & features
Best burgers in Edinburgh22 May 2018
We've done the tough job of testing out Edinburgh's burger restaurants to give you our best picks
Although Edinburgh jumped on the burger bandwagon sometime after Glasgow, it has done a fierce job at catching up. New independent burger bars are battling queues at the door, chain restaurants are branching out around the city and old favourites are…
Best dog-friendly pubs and cafés in Edinburgh21 May 2018
Where to grab some good grub with your dog by your side
As the number of hipster bars and cafés rises in Edinburgh, so too does the number of dog-friendly joints. We've picked out some of the best places to grab a pint and some food when you're out and about with your pooch.
URGENT: You must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.