The Cambridge Bar
- Telephone 0131 226 2120
- Opening times Mon–Wed noon–11pm; Thu noon–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–1am; Sun noon–11pm
- Seasonal times Kitchen open till 10.30pm at New Year
- Bar open Sun–Wed noon–11pm; Thu–Sat noon–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10pm.
- Average price £17 (lunch); £17 (evening meal)
- Website www.thecambridgebar.co.uk
Loaded homemade burgers, craft beers, ales and live sports add up to a solid reputation for the Cambridge Bar.
Big burgers, pleasant pints and a warm welcome await at the Cambridge Bar. Despite being hidden away on a backstreet, it’s so popular that they’ve recently expanded upstairs to feed and water more hungry families, dog lovers and sports fans. The main bar offers comfy couches and a real fire, with simple and solid wood furnishing the various adjoining rooms. The menu is all about burgers, be it classic beef, buffalo, chicken or veggie, with a mind-boggling choice of toppings and tasty fresh sides. Desserts, for those that can manage one, come in the form of gooey homemade brownies and thick milkshakes. Beer, being the burger’s natural bedfellow, is also a main player, with the list of draught, guest and bottled lager, ale, stout and cider running to nearly 50 varieties. A great spot to sit back, relax and indulge.
- High point: Fresh flavoursome food in abundance
- Low point: Waistlines may suffer
- Private dining: Up to 30 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Motown
- Live entertainment: Quiz every Monday, Live sport
- Capacity: 110
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2003
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 16
- House wine: £18 per bottle