- Telephone 0141 420 1585
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–2.30pm, 5.30–10.30pm; Sat noon–10.15pm; Sun 1–8.30pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Fri 5.30–7pm; Sat 5.30–6.15pm.
- Average price £5.95 (set lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £8.95 Mon–Fri; £10.50 Sat
- Website www.la-fiorentina.com
This review is taken from the 2015 edition.
Tradition and a quirky sense of continuity matter at La Fiorentina, which has been on the Italian restaurant scene in Glasgow since 1989. Attentive staff settle diners into the wonderfully labyrinthine space where statues peek from behind foliage and balustrades afford views into the bar area. A range of special lunch, children's and early-evening menus reflects attention to value for all tastes and purses. Food is freshly prepared using locally sourced ingredients from notable suppliers such as Bernard Corrigan the fishmonger. The wine list includes an unusual selection of reasonably priced Sicilian and other Italian regional wines. The chef’s specials reflect an inventive approach to traditional ingredients. The light and fluffy king prawn, crab meat and salmon fishcake is served with a spicy sauce, the calzone pizza encases a veritable delicatessen of meats and cheeses including the delectable fior di latte mozzarella, while the traditional dessert ingredients of ice-cream, meringue, cream, fresh strawberries and fruit coulis are repackaged into a truly delicious confection wittily named 'strawberry mess' distantly echoing the small cone with strawberry sauce reminiscent of every Glasgow childhood.
- High point: Sicilian Cattaratto, an outstandingly good house wine
- Low point: Generous starters and mains mean desserts can only be shared
- Notable dish: Strawberry Mess a delicious italian/Scottish take on Eton Mess
- Private dining: Up to 40 covers
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Classic and contemporary Italian and Scottish popular music
- Capacity: 100
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: 1989
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £16.50 per bottle