- Telephone 0141 632 7924
- Food served Mon–Thu 11.30am–10.30pm; Fri/Sat 11.30am–11pm; Sun noon–10.30pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Fri 4–6.30pm
- Average price £9.50 (set lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £12.50
- Website www.dimaggios.co.uk/shawlands
Since 1985, the original Di Maggio’s at Shawlands Cross has been serving family-friendly Italian–American food and take-away pizza.
With its familiar 12-hour clock reliably telling locals the time as they pass through Shawlands Cross, this suburban branch of Di Maggios is at the centre of town, and is a convenient place to grab a working lunch or drop in for a midweek feast with the family. While most choose to dine in the lively restaurant area – cosy benches by the windows provide the perfect spot for watching the hustle and bustle – take-away is popular too and all the favourites from their party-pleasing menu are available for delivery. The a la carte has plenty to offer that is ideal for sharing: starters including mozzarella cubes served with a fresh and vibrant Napoli sauce, chilli nachos and ‘bad ass wings’ are listed alongside traditional Italian fare such as bruschetta and minestrone. For the very hungry, or those who can’t decide, their combo starter comprises a selection of American-inspired finger food that goes well alongside Di Maggios thin crust pizzas made with signature homemade pizza sauce.
- High point: Something for everyone
- Low point: No specials on offer
- Notable dish: Mozzarella cubes
- Delivery: £2 - £2.50 depending on postcode
- Provides: Halal options, Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 85
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 1985
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle