- Telephone 0131 221 9323
- Seasonal times Festival: open 7 days; Annual holiday: closed mid July for 2 weeks
- Food served Tue–Thu noon–2.30pm, 5–9pm; Fri/Sat noon–4pm, 5–9pm. Closed Sun/Mon (except on performance days).
- Average price £9.95 (set lunch); £18 (evening meal)
- Website www.zuccarestaurant.co.uk
Based in the heart of Edinburgh's theatre-land, Zucca sensibly concentrates on speedy service and a straightforward menu, perfect for before or after a show.
Zucca knows how to get the most out of its location. Next to the Lyceum theatre, this restaurant is popular with pre-theatre diners looking for a quick bite, and that's exactly what it offers. The menu is fixed, with a small but solid selection of starters, mains and desserts. The service is smart and speedy: you're no sooner in the door than you can be out and back on your way to see whatever panto, play or performance you've got lined up. That said, thought has gone into the menu. While Italian staples such as bruschetta and mushroom risotto do feature, there are also some more unusual dishes which can make dining here a memorable affair, rather than a place to stave off hunger until the interval. Notable starters include marinated swordfish loin with a fennel, orange and pomegranate salad and pig's head terrine with plum and apple chutney. For mains, the chef ticks all the boxes of Italian regional cuisine, one area at a time: fettucini, gnocchi, risotto. The ribeye of beef is served with a generous amount of olive oil, but remember to order a side, or it's meat and nothing but meat.
- Delivery: Deliveroo; Uber Eats – order via website
- Private dining: Room in Lyceum - 30 people
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Capacity: 75
- Largest group: 75
- Open since: 2007
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £17.95 per bottle
Reviews & features
Compare the Market launch new 2 for 1 Meerkat Meals, restaurants in Edinburgh participate7 Aug 2018
Alongside big chains independent Edinburgh restaurants 11, Zucca, The Rosehip, Bar Brig and more will participate
Thanks to the latest money saving incentive from Compare the Market you can now dine out on 2 for 1 starters, mains and desserts with Meerkat Meals. The deal runs in conjunction with the ever popular 2 for 1 cinema ticket deal Meerkat Movies, and is…
URGENT: You must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.