Di Maggio's Theatreland
- Telephone 0141 333 4999
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10.30pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sat 4.30–6.30pm
- Average price £8.95 (set lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £11.95
- Website www.dimaggios.co.uk
The Theatreland branch of Di Maggio’s is well placed for American-Italian eats – including wood-fired pizzas, before the local shows
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Di Maggio’s Theatreland is perfectly situated for the Royal Concert Hall, the Pavilion and the giant Cineworld – whose cardholders even get a discount on their bill, alongside many other every evening deals for the pre-show crowd. With large windows along the whole sweep of the dining room, the décor may have the feel of a hotel breakfast room and the menu blending Italian with US dishes may be the same as all other Di Maggio’s, but what sets Theatreland apart is its genuine wood-fired pizza oven. A combo platter is a good place to start, spicy chicken wings, stuffed mushrooms, and other deep-fried delights with dips and coleslaw. Follow up with pizza – crispy, tearable dough heaped with cheese and toppings. The Americana has salami, crumbled Italian sausage with spicy fennel flavour, and tender, oily strips of red and green peppers, or instead choose the Di Maggio’s pizza, less a signature dish and more an opportunity to pick your own toppings.
- High point: genuine wood-fired pizza oven
- Low point: three of everything on the sharing platter makes for squabbling
- Notable dish: Woodizza
- Delivery: £2 in postcodes G1, G3 and G4
- Provides: Halal options, Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: electric pop
- Live entertainment: Annual and very popular psychic night in early March with 3 course meal at a special price and individual readings
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 120
- Open since: 1999
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle