Di Maggio's Theatreland
- Telephone 0141 333 4999
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10.30pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sat 4.30–6.30pm
- Average price £9.50 (set lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £13.50
- Website www.dimaggios.co.uk
The Theatreland branch of Di Maggio’s is well placed for American-Italian eats – including wood-fired pizzas, before the local shows
Situated beneath Holiday Inn Express, Di Maggio’s Theatreland is a convenient stop-off before heading to the nearby theatres and cinemas. Its open kitchen and wood-fired oven sets it apart from the chain’s other Glasgow Restaurants, and with its spacious interior and floor-to-ceiling windows it has the most relaxed atmosphere. While the Italian-American menu leans in favour of US street food, it isn’t all burgers and pizzas, and the extensive menu is scattered with Italian classics - bruschetta, focaccia and minestrone – and there is a good selection of pasta dishes. Their light, freshly baked focaccia is made using the same dough as the pizza and comes as a generous portion, enough for a whole family to nibble on while awaiting starters, which follow soon after. Mozzarella cubes - crisp on the outside, oozing in the middle – are a guilty pleasure dunked into a sweet and tangy napoli sauce, and the pizzas are made using homemade pizza sauce and come heaped with ample toppings. Like any good family-friendly Italian restaurant, desserts are heavy on the ice cream, but with a choice of liqueur coffees, there’s something for the grownups too.
- Delivery: £1.90 in postcodes G1, G3 and G4 from 5pm
- Provides: Halal options, Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 120
- Open since: 1999
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle