This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0131 557 5000
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–1am.
- Food served Mon–Fri 7–10.30am, noon–2.30pm, 6–10.30pm; Sat/Sun 7–11am, 12.30–3.30pm, 5.30–10pm.
- Pre-theatre times Until 7.30pm
- Average price £17.95 (set lunch); £30 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £17.95
- Website www.roccofortehotels.com/the-balmoral-hotel
Hadrian's Brasserie is currently closed for refurbishment.
Behind strategically positioned blinds, diners sit hidden from prying eyes on Edinburgh’s North Bridge. The calm interior fuses sage greens, polished woods and several whimsical touches to create a confident elegance. The Balmoral’s smoked salmon 'from the trolley' adds theatre to proceedings; generously portioned, the delicately cured fish is well complemented by a selection of fine dressings and light-as-a-feather bread. Allandale Estate venison is yet another example of their astute sourcing. Meltingly tender meat is accompanied by sweet braised red cabbage and rich jus delivering a truly standout main. Desserts feel a little heavy-handed with one too many elements added to gild an otherwise perfectly adept lemon panacotta. Hotel guests make up a significant portion of the diners with locals in-the-know popping along to take advantage of the competitively priced lunch and early-dining offers. Despite the grand surrounds, the service never feels stuffy and, while some hotel restaurants suffer from a certain stigma, thanks to the high-quality Scottish produce and deft hand in the kitchen, this hotel brasserie is certainly worth a visit.
Ideal for a light lunch or a relaxed dinner, Hadrian's offers traditional cuisine in an informal setting. On the menu, a mix of Scottish favourites and classic dishes are created using the finest regional produce. Try Scottish shellfish bisque, Blairgowrie beefburger, or the chocolate and raspberry crème brulee. Smaller appetites are also catered for with the children's menu. The brasserie's walls are brought to life with life-sized photographs of pirouetting dancers.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: Up to 15 covers
- No. overnight rooms: 188
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Soft jazz
- Capacity: 110
- Largest group: 110
- Open since: 1997
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 20
- House wine: £26 per bottle