In the Edinburgh International Festival headquarters, Cafe Hub offers breakfast through to afternoon tea.
Cafe Hub is the food wing at Edinburgh International Festival headquarters. Impressively housed in a former church at the top of the Royal Mile, it is in prime position for the capital’s tourist trade. On sunny days in festival season, the outdoor terrace is inevitably popular and a great spot to grab a coffee and people watch. Inside, there are plenty of sofas and and air of serenity, with light filtering through those huge church windows. Despite hints of sophistication, the wealth of space and boxes of toys make this an inviting spot for parents with young children in tow. The management are keen to encourage a local crowd with lunch deals and student offers. The menu covers all bases, ranging from soup and sandwiches to burgers, or a quinoa and butternut squash risotto. A chocolate brownie is unashamedly sweet but the scones definitely worth returning for.
- Private dining: 300/60 in function rooms.
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Mellow pop
- Capacity: 80 (100 outdoors)
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 1999
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £21.60 per bottle