La P'tite Folie
This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0131 225 7983
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–3pm, 6–10pm; Fri/Sat noon–3pm, 6–11pm. Closed Sun.
- Average price £10.50 (set lunch); £23 (evening meal)
- Website www.laptitefolie.co.uk
This review is taken from the 2013 edition.
For 16 years La P'tite Folie has been part of Edinburgh's dining scene, initially in the city-centre bustle of Frederick Street and joined, ten years ago, by the venue that has come to overshadow the original, set behind a quirky Tudor façade looking out on the cobbles of more sedate Randolph Place at the West End. The informality of the French bistro food sets the tone: salad comes in a communal bowl, fish with a simple sauce and accompaniment, steak frîtes just as you'd expect. The lunch deal is £10.50 for two courses, and evening options tend to be heartier and richer, be it red mullet with pickled vegetables or calf's liver with wholegrain mustard pomme purée. Desserts or fromage are decently priced at £5 and £6 respectively. [See also entry for La P'tite Folie, Randolph Place.]
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs
- Music on stereo: Nothing
- Capacity: 55
- Largest group: 55
- Open since: 1996
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £14.50 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 5 reviews of La P'tite Folie./5 from RSS feed of these comments